Bookworm27en

Argentinian Bookworm

I love reading books and I don't follow a specific genre. I started writing rewiews a year ago and this is the first year that I decided to do it more often.

The Lord of the Rings
J.R.R. Tolkien
The Portrait of a Lady
Henry James
Child of the State - Catherine Lea

"He’s first, you're next."

That's the message someone scribbled on a photo of Stacy May Charms' six-year-old son, two days before her release from prison.

Stacy knows why. She doesn't know who.

And she's not waiting around to find out. Her plan is to grab her child and run.

For Elizabeth McClaine—custodian of the Charles McClaine Trust—Stay May’s release has consumed her for the past six months. Contracted to oversee the early release program for young incarcerated mothers, Elizabeth alone is responsible for selection of the first successful applicant. But when Stacy May breaks parole and disappears only two hours after her release, Elizabeth finds herself flung into social and political exile, her reputation in ruins.

With their fates now irrevocably linked, both women must figure out who Stacy’s running from and why.

And all the clues point back to those who were supposed to be saving her.

*******************************************************************************

I won this book in a Goodreads Giveway over a month ago but as I have tons of things to read for college, I had to put it aside for a while. While I was studying I decided to take a break and I saw this book waiting for me on my bookshelf. "I'll read a few pages and then I continue reading for Spanish Grammar," I thought. BIG MISTAKE. I couldn't stop reading it. I read half of the book during that long long break and then the need to know how this story was going to end was burning my brain and didn't allow me to freaking concentrate as much as I needed to.

The story itself is so well-written that you can go through pages and pages without even noticing how much you have read. The suspense is so incredibly built that readers, of course including myself, will find hard to leave this book aside.

A huge point in favour was the fact that this story follows two characters at the same. You can see what's going on with Stacy and what's going on in her mind, and at the same time you can see how her decisions have an impact on Elizabeth's life and Elizabeth's decisions. I know this book will be on my rereads of this year.